The College management has initiated efforts to make the college ambience more friendly and supportive. A modern Library and Information Centre is on its way to becoming an outstanding learning resource centre catering to the ever growing and uncompromising information and intellectual requirements of the students, faculty and researchers.
In tune with the mission the college has a stacked spacious library accommodating a hoard of books and technical journals both national and international include multimedia kits, micro films and CDs. It consists of more than 8000 volumes of latest books in various branches of Engineering and Sciences. A good number of online Journals can be accessed through ASTM Digital Library and IEEE. The entire library and reading room is well equipped with proper lighting and seating arrangements.
Membership : Open to AxisCET Community on request
Working Hours : 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (Week days) &
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Saturdays)
Issue Hours : 8:30 am to 6:00 pm (Week days) &
9:30 am to 4:30 pm (Saturdays)
Help Desk : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0480-2477500/501
Admission to the Library
- Members have to produce their smart cards (Identity card) for entering into the library.
- Users have to keep their personal belongings inside the property counter, at the entrance.
- Users are not permitted to take personal copies of books or other printed materials inside the library.
- Members are requested to maintain absolute silence in and around the library. Reading halls are meant for individual study only.
- Members shall not engage in conversation (including subject discussions) in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Users are not permitted to alter the arrangements of tables, chairs, etc., made in the library. Keep the Library premises tidy.
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (bags, text books, files, printed materials etc.) inside the library. Members may leave them at the property counter kept outside the library.
- The librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving in the library.
- The members caught tearing pages of books/ stealing books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and the library will recommend for further disciplinary action against them.
- Members should return books borrowed from the library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a `No due Certificate` from the library.
- Books, journals, other documents, library equipments, etc., should be handled with care.
- Library and its premises should be kept absolutely clean and tidy.
- All the new students can get their Library Borrower's Tickets.
- Each Ticket will entitle the student to borrow one book from the library at a time. This issue of borrower's tickets will be as follows:
- 2 tickets each for students.
- A member who has lost their borrower's ticket shall inform the librarian immediately.
- An undertaking in writing shall be given to the effect that the member will hold himself responsible for any books borrowed against the ticket lost by him.
- On such undertaking being given, a Duplicate Card will be issued on payment
- Staff members can borrow upto 5 books from the Central Library and they can keep the borrowed books for 3 weeks from the date of issue.
Conditions of Loan
- Students can keep borrowed books for two weeks from the date of issue. The date slip will indicate the last date before which the book has to be returned.
- Borrowers should examine the books taken on loan from the library at the time of receiving them at the issue counter. Should there be any mutilation in them, it should be brought to the notice of the staff-in-charge of the counter or to the Librarian, and a record of it made in the volume.
- If the volume is found mutilated at the time of its return, the borrower shall be responsible for it.
- Reference books, text books, and periodicals shall not be lent out, and are meant for consultation within the library.
- Subject periodicals are available for consultation only.
- Students are not allowed to sub-lend either tickets or books taken from the library.
- The Librarian may recall a book at any time even during the period of the first issue. The book may be reissued to the same borrower after the purpose for which it has been recalled is served.
- All books on loan shall be returned on the due date stamped on the date-slip.
- Absence from the college will not be admitted as an excuse for delay in the return of the books.
- Readers should see that they take their tickets when they return the books.
- Students must return their tickets when leaving the college and should obtain "NO DUES CRTIFICATE".
- Final year students should return the library tickets on the dates notified by the librarian, at the end of academic year.
- A penal fee of Rs.100/- per ticket will be collected from the students who fail to return the tickets on time.
Renewal for a further period of two weeks is permissible for a book, provided there is no demand for that book from others. But the book has to be produced before the assistant in the counter at the time of renewal, in order that the new date may be stamped on the date slip.
If a book is not returned on time, a fine of Rs.1/- per volume per day will be levied. The borrower will forfeit his right to borrow his books until such fines are paid in full.
Text Books and Reference Books are also maintained in the respective Departmental Libraries. To consult or borrow them, the students may approach the Head of the Department concerned.
It has been fully automated with Book Magic Library software package which is an integrated muli-user library management system. Online Book Magic library is connected to LAN, which enables the members to check the status of books in the library from anywhere in the campus. Open the Browser and type URL http://server......../onlinebookmagic/ provide link for accessing the Online Book Magic.
The decision of the Librarian is final in all matters subject to appeal to the Principal.
Research and Reference Services - A separate section is maintained for reference. Costly and multiple copied books are available in this section
The AxisCET Digital library has been established in Central Library premises with effective online databases, e-journals, e-books etc. It has got a rich collection of educational CDs which covers varied technology aspects in all related disciplines and in turn fine tunes the engineering concepts in students. The digital library enables the students to collect information from internet and other reliable sources. This facility can be accessed only during institutional working hours from anywhere in the campus. The library has also subscribed to e-resources through the ASTM Digital Library Online, IEEE, and J gate. The existing digital library is supported with 15 PCs with Internet connectivity.
The reprographic centre is attached to the Central Library. Students can take Photostat copies of Reference books / Textbooks / Magazines / Question Papers for the academic purpose at a reduced rate.